This comes to us from the Austin, Texas police department, but it’s good advice to anyone in any city. Don’t let your garage door become a weak point in your home’s security. The APD reports an increase in break-ins through garage doors and offer some tips on how to make your garage more secure.
- Don’t leave your remote in the car.
- Install deadbolt locks and solid doors.
- Install motion detector lights.
- Cover windows to stop prying eyes.
- Disable the overhead door when away.
- Keep your garage door closed.
Read the complete article from the Austin Statesman News blog.